Skip to main content

Follow Your Dream



It's the story of a young man named Monty who was a son of a horse trainer who would go to stables, race tracks, farms, and train horses. As a result, the boy's high school career was interrupted continuously.


One day at this school he was asked to write a paper about what he wanted to be in his life when he grew up. That night the boy wrote a seven page paper describing his goal about owning a horse ranch.


He wrote his dream in detail and even drew a diagram of the 200-acre ranch and all things he was going to include in his ranch such as building, track etc. He drew a detailed floor plan for everything he dreamed about owning one day.


Next day he handed this project to his teacher. After two days he received his paper back with ‘F’ grade on top of it. Teacher asked him to meet her after class.


After class the boy went to meet the teacher and asked, “Why did he got ‘F’?”


Teacher said, “This dream is too unrealistic as you need lots of money to buy land, pay for horses and later other things to be paid for. You have no money. There is no way you can ever do it. Write a more realistic goal and I will reconsider your grades.”


That day the boy thought a lot about it and then went to his father about what to do. After listening to his problem his father replied, “Dear son, it is your decision and you have to make up your mind about it as it's important for you.”


After a week when the boy again submitted the paper, he gave the same paper he gave before without making any change in it stating at the end, “You can keep the ‘F’ and I will keep my dream.”


Years later, the Same School teacher went on a field trip with 30 kids to camp on a ranch for a week. It was a big Ranch with buildings and Track with a big House. To her surprise it was the same boy’s ranch to whom she once gave ‘F’ for that paper.


But realizing what she did back then before leaving the ranch she said, “Look Monty, I can tell you this now. When I was your teacher, I was a dream stealer and I did that to a lot of kids. Fortunately you had enough gumption not to give up yours.”


Moral: Follow your Heart, No matter What. No Dream is too Big or too small, when One works hard to live it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

McDow Hole – Anatomy Of A Texas Ghost Story

  Spooky Texas legend of the McDow Hole, where ghost sightings of pioneer woman Jenny Papworth and her baby have long been reported.  Written by Bob Hopkins . I first heard the legendary tale of the Ghost of the McDow Hole in the fifteenth year of my youth. It was near Halloween in October 1975 when a friend related the tale of the ghost that haunts a creek bed in rural Erath County and naturally I believed every word of it in the twilight of an evening spent with friends telling ghost stories. I would again hear the tale over the years while living in North Central Texas. It wasn’t until my chance encounter of meeting an author of the legend in 2002 that my curiosity began to peak and like any good investigator I felt it my duty to dig deeper into the hundred year old tale of pioneer folklore to see how much of the story was true and how much was fabricated. I would discover many similarities in fact and fiction that I believed would leave any reader with the same curiosity that I fel

Mama Coon Coon: A Louisiana Swamp Folktale

  Now I’ll just bet that none of you have ever heard the story of Mama Coon Coon and the blue waters of the bayou, have you? Well, we know the story, and I think we need to tell it to you right now. Once upon a time, the waters of the bayou were black – as black as ink. Now, even though these waters were black, they were still filled with lots and lots of fishes, shrimp and crab. And all of the fishermen would wake up early in the morning, long before the sun had even come above the horizon, and they would cast their nets down into the deep, black water. And what a wonderful sight it was at the end of the day to watch those fishermen pulling in their nets overflowing with all kinds of fishes, shrimp and crab. Dulac Louisiana Bayou by  Clem . Licensed under  CC BY-SA 2.0 . Now all the fishermen fished early in the morning, with the exception of one fisherman – or should I say fisherwoman. Her name was Mama Coon Coon. You see, that is the name the local village children gave her because

Belle Boyd, Confederate Spy

  One warm spring day, I left my home in Washington, D.C. and took a long drive through the rolling, peaceful farm country in Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley. I worked in the city as a tax accountant, but most of my co-workers didn’t know about my secret hobby – I was a Civil War collector. Ever since I was a child, I had collected old Civil War books, maps, clothing, and in later years, weapons. Now as a middle-aged man, my interest had grown to what some would call an obsession. Although it’s hard to believe today, this peaceful Virginia valley was the scene of some of the bloodiest battles of the war. Driving through this historic land not only satisfied my hunger for history, but calmed my nerves far away from the hustle and bustle of home. Some folks say that ghosts wander the earth in places where horrible deaths took place, their lives suddenly ripped away from them before they knew what happened. So it’s no wonder that so many Civil War ghost stories come from the Shenandoah Valle