Skip to main content

Solution of Brother’s Conflict



Once in the village lived two brothers who used to live on adjoining farms for the last 40 years. For all these years they lived happily side by side farming, sharing machinery and trading labor and goods as per need.


Once they both got into conflict which started with a small misunderstanding and grew into a major difference between them. Their collaboration felt apart. It grew so serious that both started to use bitter words for each other and this ended with silence between them. Both stopped just any kind of communication between them.


One day someone knocked on elder brother Jamie’s door. When he opened the door he found a person with a carpenter's toolbox.


Person said to Jamie, “I am looking for some work. Perhaps you would have some small jobs. If you have any small job, maybe I can help you do it..?”


Older brother thought for a while and said, “Yes, I do have a job for you.”


He pointed toward the creek in the farm and said, “That’s my neighbor, My younger brother. Last week there was a meadow but he took his bulldozer and now there is a creek between us. Now I want you to build a fence so that I don't have to see his place anymore.”


Carpenter agreed and said, “I think I understand. Please show me nails and other things I need so that I will be able to do a job that please you.”


Older brother had to go to town for some work so he helped the carpenter to get material ready and complete work till he came back from town.


After sunset when my older brother returned, there was no fence but he could see a bridge stretching from one side to another of the creek. It was a beautiful bridge. A fine piece of work handrail and older brother’s neighbor was coming across, his hand outstretched.


Younger brother said to his older brother, “After all I have said and done you still build this bridge.!! '' Both stood at each end and then they both met in the middle taking each other's hand. As soon as they turned to see the carpenter, he waved at them.


Seeing him leaving both shouted, “No, wait we have lots more work for you. Please stay.”

Carpenter replied, “I would love to stay but I have many more bridges to build..”


Moral: We fight over small things and these become big with time. Instead of making conflicts big we should look for solutions. Sometimes we just need a new outlook and Understand what’s more important.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

McDow Hole – Anatomy Of A Texas Ghost Story

  Spooky Texas legend of the McDow Hole, where ghost sightings of pioneer woman Jenny Papworth and her baby have long been reported.  Written by Bob Hopkins . I first heard the legendary tale of the Ghost of the McDow Hole in the fifteenth year of my youth. It was near Halloween in October 1975 when a friend related the tale of the ghost that haunts a creek bed in rural Erath County and naturally I believed every word of it in the twilight of an evening spent with friends telling ghost stories. I would again hear the tale over the years while living in North Central Texas. It wasn’t until my chance encounter of meeting an author of the legend in 2002 that my curiosity began to peak and like any good investigator I felt it my duty to dig deeper into the hundred year old tale of pioneer folklore to see how much of the story was true and how much was fabricated. I would discover many similarities in fact and fiction that I believed would leave any reader with the same curiosity that I fel

Mama Coon Coon: A Louisiana Swamp Folktale

  Now I’ll just bet that none of you have ever heard the story of Mama Coon Coon and the blue waters of the bayou, have you? Well, we know the story, and I think we need to tell it to you right now. Once upon a time, the waters of the bayou were black – as black as ink. Now, even though these waters were black, they were still filled with lots and lots of fishes, shrimp and crab. And all of the fishermen would wake up early in the morning, long before the sun had even come above the horizon, and they would cast their nets down into the deep, black water. And what a wonderful sight it was at the end of the day to watch those fishermen pulling in their nets overflowing with all kinds of fishes, shrimp and crab. Dulac Louisiana Bayou by  Clem . Licensed under  CC BY-SA 2.0 . Now all the fishermen fished early in the morning, with the exception of one fisherman – or should I say fisherwoman. Her name was Mama Coon Coon. You see, that is the name the local village children gave her because

Belle Boyd, Confederate Spy

  One warm spring day, I left my home in Washington, D.C. and took a long drive through the rolling, peaceful farm country in Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley. I worked in the city as a tax accountant, but most of my co-workers didn’t know about my secret hobby – I was a Civil War collector. Ever since I was a child, I had collected old Civil War books, maps, clothing, and in later years, weapons. Now as a middle-aged man, my interest had grown to what some would call an obsession. Although it’s hard to believe today, this peaceful Virginia valley was the scene of some of the bloodiest battles of the war. Driving through this historic land not only satisfied my hunger for history, but calmed my nerves far away from the hustle and bustle of home. Some folks say that ghosts wander the earth in places where horrible deaths took place, their lives suddenly ripped away from them before they knew what happened. So it’s no wonder that so many Civil War ghost stories come from the Shenandoah Valle